North County man behind bars for sexually assaulting children | News, Sports, Jobs
MAYVILLE – Dustin Post is said to be befriending mothers of young children. By building their confidence, he was able to be alone with these children and sexually assault them. The ages of the victims ranged from 1 to 12 years.
In at least one case, he recorded a sexual act with a child. He told her that her own son had been kidnapped and that the kidnappers needed him to record a video with her being assaulted, so that his own child could be released. This story was a lie, but the video was recorded and shared on the Internet.
These are just a few of the details that were revealed at a press conference on Wednesday. Attendees included District Attorney Jason Schmidt, U.S. Attorney James P. Kennedy Jr., Department of Homeland Security Mark LaMonte, as well as representatives from the State Police, County Children’s Advocacy Center and from the County Victim Assistance Center.
Post, 25, who lived in both Silver Creek and Fredonia, has previously pleaded guilty to producing and possessing child pornography. On these counts alone, he faces a sentence of 25 to 50 years in prison. He will find out his prison sentence during the sentencing in a federal court which is set for October 1.
Schmidt, meanwhile, unveiled a 24-count indictment against Post on Wednesday morning, which included 11 separate crimes of predatory sexual assault against a child, nine separate felonies of first-degree indictable sex and first degree rape.
According to Schmidt, the crimes described were allegedly committed against several children in northern Chautauqua County.
They cover the period between September 2015 and August 2019.
“On our charges, Mr. Post faces imprisonment for the rest of his life,” Schmidt said, noting that the range of sentences for each count of predatory sexual assault of a child is an indefinite period of incarceration in a state prison for no less than 10 years to life, nor more than 25 years to life.
Schmidt, who was elected county district attorney in November, said his mission is to put victims first and hold people accountable when they harm others.
“Where there is evidence of a crime, my office will fight for the victims of these crimes”, he said. “No segment of our community is more valuable to us and more vulnerable to those who prey on the weak than children. As a society, we are responsible for the protection of our children who are often helpless and most at risk of abuse. “
Because Post faces a number of charges and has not been convicted or pleaded guilty to the state-level charges, Schmidt was cautious about details he could share. He said there were seven known victims and said Post knew each victim before sexually assaulting them. “He didn’t attack strangers,” Schmidt said.
Because Post pleaded guilty to five federal counts of producing and possessing child pornography, Kennedy, who serves in the Western District of New York, was able to share details about this specific case, which involved at least the one of the seven victims.
In November 2019, state police received a complaint from the mother of an 8-year-old girl who had been abused the previous summer. This led to the police eventually being able to seize Post’s cell phone, laptop and four USB drives that contained several images and videos of child pornography. The federal justice ministry was able to lay charges against Post in February 2020.
Kennedy said that in the summer of 2019, Post assaulted a 12-year-old girl he was babysitting. “The accused told this young girl that her own 2-year-old son had been kidnapped and that the kidnappers demanded that this accused send him a video of the young girl giving him a blowjob, so that his son could be released. This was of course not true, but as a result of this behavior the defendant produced two different videos which depict two production managers in which the defendant was convicted ”. he said.
Kennedy called both videos “Very, very disturbing” and said the Post was using them to swap for other videos of sexually assaulted children, some of which included toddlers and sadomastic activities.
In the guilty plea filed in Federal Court, Kennedy said there had been no cutbacks. “There was no plea deal, there was no plea bargaining. He pleaded guilty to everything, “ he said.
Kennedy applauded federal, state and local police departments who worked together to put Post behind bars.
Schmidt praised the victims and their parents for their courage in sharing their stories with law enforcement. “No one wants to relive traumatic events. They do it so that others do not experience what they have ”, he said.
He also said that there could be other victims as well. He urged people who are concerned that the Post may have harmed someone they know to contact his office directly at (716) 753-4241.