Deadline for submission of tenders: September 30, 2022
These components will seek to amplify the diverse voices of grassroots women and girls in donor, national and international government policymaking. They will do this by:
- financing and facilitation W.R.O.activists, women peacebuilders and women human rights defenders and their advanced support to major national, regional and international meetings
- facilitate more informed policymaking by better capturing, synthesizing and rendering learning and evidence from the grassroots W.R.O. and movements
The focus is on all ODA-eligible countries, including conflict and crisis contexts.
A key principle is intersectionality. Both components will work with and support various W.R.O. and movements, including those led by and representing women with disabilities and LBTQ+, as well as adolescent girls and young feminist groups.
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is looking for a provider partner or consortium to lead both strands, a consortium including partners from the global South is encouraged. The total budget is £4.68 million, with a 3-6 month co-creation phase followed by 4 years of implementation.
Requirements for organizations wishing to apply
This RFP will be awarded under a Responsible Grant Agreement. Lead Sourcing Partner must be a registered charity (in any country, not just the UK) to apply. Other requirements are listed in the tender document.
How to register
Complete it [email protected] You should refer to for guidance on completing the budget template.and and return to
Find out more in the. Questions and answers will be added to this document as they arise.
Depending on the applications received, the FCDO can select a supplier/consortium partner after this step or request more detailed information from the pre-selected partners.
General fund information
The Advancing Gender Equality by Supporting Women’s Rights Organizations and Movements program is a new program with 3 components:
- strengthen the effectiveness and sustainability of W.R.O. and movements through the provision of core, flexible, multi-year funding and capacity building support
- support grassroots women’s participation and meaningful participation in national, regional and international meetings
- support the production and dissemination of policy-relevant products that reflect the priorities and knowledge of grassroots women and girls.
The last 2 points are the subject of this invitation to tender.